You’ve probably seen many online guides for art projects that require expensive supplies and take hours to make. Though some projects can be costly, there are plenty of easy ones you can make with inexpensive supplies. If you’re looking to save some money, try one of these easy DIY projects you can build without spending a lot of money.
Electric Tape Lampshade
- Black electrical tape
- Cut strips of tape that match the full length of your lampshade.
- Apply to lampshade. Leave space in-between to create an alternating black and white scheme. (You can choose to make your own pattern as well.)
Scrabble Tile Coasters
- Tiles from the Scrabble board game
- Roll of cork
- E6000 glue
- Mod podge (optional)
- Put a small dab of glue on each tile then place it on a strip of cork. Try using the bottom edge as a guide.
- Use a knife to cut through the cork once all the tiles are in place. Use many light cuts to do this, because the cork will rip if you press too hard.
- If you wish to do so, use mod podge to seal the tiles.
Custom Designed Teacup & Plate
- Ceramic teacup
- Ceramic plate
- Ceramic paint pen or marker
- Take a ceramic cup and draw whatever design you wish with a fine pointed paint pen or marker. Draw a fun pattern, or sign your name on it.
- Repeat this for a ceramic plate you can rest the cup on.
- Be sure to wait to let the design dry so you don’t accidently create smears when you first use it.
Rustic Modern Plant Stand
- Large slice of wood (wood from a craft store will be fine)
- 4 pipe hooks
- Copper plated hanger tape
- Screwdriver or drill
- Set the pipe hooks to the bottom of the wood slice, so you know where to apply the copper plated hanger tape.
- Cut off some strips of the hanger tape and then add screws into the smaller holes of the tape. You can also use two small pieces of hanger tape for each side of the legs.
- Squeeze each “leg” together to put them closer together, and screw them into the wood slice. Try pre-drilling your holes first with the screwdriver or drill to make things easier.